Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hype Williams Responds.

Dear Huna,

Here is the video for Empire State of Mind.



Given your comments about my recent work, you probably won’t love this video as much as other things I’ve done. It was a lot to ask of me, since you don’t really like the song that much either. You’ll probably think Alicia Keys is a bit to glam in the video. You’ll probably start with a really good question like, “Why didn’t we go for a stripped back, natural kind of styling, since the song is about, what it’s like to really live and breathe in New York?” And you’ll probably wonder why we didn’t just give her a seat. I had my reasons.

Nuff said.

Hype Williams

P.S. Hopefully, the still that pops up at 1 minute and 28 seconds will keep you happy for now.

P.P.S. The line about B.K. being from Texas is my favourite too.

No comments:

Post a Comment